Anyway, hopefully this release fixes this. This is mostly a bugfix release, there are almost no new features (I have been working on HyperRogue and stuff not related to roguelikes recently).
- You now get more helpful lines when trying to move up/down in the hex mode.
- You can now move more conveniently on laptops, by pressing Shift/Ctrl together with Left/Right (but WEADZX is even more convenient).
- Fixed the WASD movement scheme: wear/wield and worldmap are moved from "w" to "W".
- Also fixed some targetting keys in WASD/VI movement schemes.
- Removed the conflict for shift+S (shift+S saves, shift+T takes sector screenshots).
- The executables are no longer UPX'ed, as this apparently caused malware reports.
- Now compiles without warnings in gcc 4.6.3 (warnings were related to buffer overflows, and missing error checking for input routines; these errors have been fixed).
- Fixed some bugs reported by valgrind (spaces in the font files, uninitialized variables, delete/delete bug).
- Improved how the ASCII version looks a bit (but I am concentrating my efforts on the graphical version, so I don't care about the ASCII version much).
- Removed some lines shown during startup.
Get Version 0.56 here!