Unfortunately I have not worked much on VoI recently, due to lack of time (I have worked a bit on my other roguelike projects though, Necklace of the Eye + Hydra Slayer, and Hyperbolic Rogue which seems to have turned out to be much more popular than I expected). Still, I have made some progress, and since there is currently a discussion on Bay 12 Games Forum about VoI, I have decided that I should release what I have instead of waiting until I have time to develop more. I am quite tired now, but I hope nothing is seriously broken.
OK, so the changelog for Version 0.53 follows...
- When you try to start a new game, you are told that you should try the tutorial, and how.
- You can now have several saved games, and see a list of them. Also this works in a more logical manner now.
Playerfiles (*.apf) are now correctly linked to saved games (universe files, *.auh): their names now include universe names (to avoid collision) and are deleted together with them.
- Four directional movement works now.
- You can now select geometry (four-directional, hex, eight-directional) from the main menu.
- Input is now configurable. Currently you can switch to VI keys, and have more or less confirmations.
- Provided icons for vortices, vests and armors, skills, usages, actions, potions and elements, etc.
- Rune of Draining, which allows you to cast spells from sources other than your own mana.
- Spell of Charging, Spell of Zap.
- Rune of Anchoring has been renamed to Spell of Tagging, and is now a spell that can be cast at enemies (but also resisted).
- Improved the balance for the "spray" spell.
- Diaries are more frequent now, and they have a random thing/monster picture on their covers.
- The ordering in the list of actions ('?') is better now.
- Runes no longer work on non-spells.
- Fixed bug with melting doors with locks.
- Fixed missing parameters for some potions.
- Sponge spell now can steal potions from inside vials and dragon breath.
- Fixed designs. Fixed chasm arrows.
- Fixed a bug with stacking target signs which caused stack overflow.
- Priority assigner in VaporGS. For now, used for initializer scripts, but all method priorities are planned to use it.
- Shift+F2 thoroughly analyzes icons now.
- Internal icon names are more standarized now.
- Wishing cheat improved. Can generate specific books, or bottles and cauldrons with specific potions now.
- Asking for a VaporGS symbol (mQSymbol) improved.
- Books are now methplexes as everything else.