HyperRogue 7.2 is released on Steam and itch.io!
Also, the shmup mode has received some more improvements. Coop required keys to be configurable, so you can redefine your keys and joysticks now (only in the shmup mode, but not only when playing with two players). Moreover, you no longer move slower when going backwards, and you can choose to use either the forward-backward-turn left-turn right, or the up-down-left-right cotntrol with the keyboard.
Translations are not ready at the moment yet. Have fun!
Version 7.2 also has the following minor improvements:
- You no longer break mirrors or cut trees while using an Orb of Aether
- LoEM now appears as a basic land. Red Rock Valley and Cocytus are more likely to appear next to similar lands. The special border generation rules for R'Lyeh are disabled once you have found enough treasure thren, so you can escape more easily.
- Tame Bomberbirds should be saved now with Orb of Safety. Orb of Friendship now works as a bonus life in the shmup mode.
- Water and red rock are now displayed correctly in the Hive.
- Red Trolls now work correctly in the Minefield.
- Pikemen did not kill the PC by moving next to them in the hardcore mode.
- Bonfires on the coast are now extinguished during the tide.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes made it impossible to light bonfires in the Icy Land.
- Fixed a bug with Orb of Aether still draining power while using Orb of Time.
- Fire Cultists (and Orb of Dragon in general) can now destroy stranded boats
- Flavor messages for killing monsters were shown only when killing directly.
- skipping a turn with the mouse
- nerfed the frequency/duration of the Orb of the Fish
- fixed the reference in the pushing description (Thumper/Guard/Skeleton)
- added a comment that Skeletons are stunned for a longer time outside of the Palace
- you no longer activate pressure plates while using an Orb of Aether
- Fire Cultists will just wait if they cannot fire at your current location (e.g., a Palace gate)
- fixed the weird facing direction
- updated the Czech and Russian translations, also fixed some minor text problems
- The Orb of Thorns now stuns and damages the stunnable monsters.
- I have added a map editor. It is activated with Shift+A from the cheat mode, and allows you to place arbitrary monsters, walls, items and lands. It is somewhat ugly for now, and it is probably possible to crash the game by creating illegal configurations, but it should be useful for testing, and better for drawing new ideas for maps than the game board mode. (Maybe some save map feature for next versions?)
- a typo in the Land of Power
- Fjord-related things in the shmup mode: Water Elemental did not move at all, Vikings use boats correctly now, land monsters no longer run into the water to catch you when you are on the boat
- worms now prevent gates from closing