Friday 22 July 2011

Introduction

Hi!

Given that I am currently running several projects related to roguelikes, I have decided to start a blog in order to have a better place to post updates, and get feedback about them. Possibly I will also put some roguelike reviews (although I would probably prefer IRLDb for reviews of individual games, but maybe a blog would be a good place for multi-reviews) or some generic thoughts about the roguelike world (but for that I would probably prefer the RogueTemple forums).

My projects have been listed on my homepage, but for completeness I also list them here:
  • Hydra Slayer - a fantasy roguelike mixed with a mathematical puzzle, which also notably has an Android version
  • Necklace of the Eye - a frontend for playing roguelikes, allowing players using new MS Windows systems to enjoy ASCII roguelikes looking just like they would look in DOS, which is very hard to do otherwise nowadays; also can be used to view ASCII roguelikes in a tiles or FPP mode (unfortunately not many roguelikes have reasonable tilesets for NotEye), and several other minor features
  • IRLDb - a database of roguelikes, allowing to search for roguelikes meeting specific criteria, and also to rate them and do mini-reviews
  • IVAN 3D - my old creation, uses the tiles from IVAN to create a FPP view
OK, that's enough for an introduction. Now get back to work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment